The First Step to a Stellar Wardrobe is Knowing Your Body Type
I love inspiring women to find their signature style at work. When people ask me, ‘where should I start?’ my response is always -- body type. This is important for two reasons: 1) dressing for your body type will help you look as fit as possible in your clothing, and 2) knowing what looks good on you (and what to avoid) saves precious time.
The goal is proportion, emphasizing our most beautiful parts, and hiding those that we’re not the most proud of.
To help, I’ve done some research and developed STOMP women who represent every body type. Whether you’re regular, plus, or petite sized, you can follow the steps below to find your perfect body type assessment at www.shopyourshape.com.
You’ll come back to this page when you’ve finished to download your STOMP body type.
1. Grab a flexible tape measure and take three measurements.
2. Measure your bust starting from the middle of the chest and wrapping around the back to the front.
3. Measure your natural waist, which is one inch above your belly button.
4. Measure the widest part of your hips.
5. Put in the measurements at www.shopyourshape.com and click Calculate. You may have to answer one more question about your body type.
6. Receive your body type.
7. Read all about what looks great on you on the Shop Your Shape website and come back to download your body type assessment below. You will notice that your downloadable file contains information about your dressing strategy, including the best bottoms and tops for your figure. You can hang this in your closet or save it to your phone!